Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Little Octopus that Could

You all did a fine job trying to guess about the strange machine in my kitchen. I really loved the idea that it was an alien invention or an actual alien. If I had my way it would have been on the next space mission off of this planet. Skippy and AlittleSprite were the closest in guessing that it was drying me out from a flood.

You see, I had the nerve to actually leave my family for a short trip to be with my parents and siblings for 2 days. While I was gone, my kitchen sink missed me so much that it tried to disconnect itself in order to follow me to the beach. Out of spite for being left behind, it quietly flooded the area under the cabinet before it showed its true colors and let loose all over the hardwood kitchen floor. It managed only to release its hot water connection before my hubby discovered the escape attempt. If not for the firmly attached cold water line, the sink may have been spotted along the interstate holding out its spray nozzle to hitch a ride.

For my faithful readers (both of you - you know who you are!) you know that my floors are all new from our fire. I came home from my brief escape to find floorboards that looked like rippling water because they had all warped. While the good hubs had mopped up, he hadn't considered the water leaking underneath. Nor had he noticed that you could have opened a skate boarding park in our kitchen - gnarly ramps and half-pipes, dude!

After I let my freak loose, our sweet contractor brought over this octopus. It is a super sonic glorified floor vacuum that sucks the moisture out of the wood.

It worked pretty well and hopefully there will not need to be any floor replacement. Husband replacement is still an option however...

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like your poor house is going through a series of mishaps. Have you considered hiring a shaman to check for curses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at the little octopus. Hope all the water was sucked out and no damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! Sounds like a bad day. I hope you have chocolate or ice cream around to soften the blow... a junk food fix is way easier than replacing a whole entire husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I'm sorry! And hope the octopussy did her job well!

    "After I let my freak loose,"

    heh heh. I love this line. I do it ALL the time. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. How dare you leave for a few days! I say your sink was right to act out as it did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen - There is constantly a black cloud over my house - today it is sleeting on me.

    Nubian - It LOOKS much cooler than it sounds - it causes migraines.

    Crystal - Oh yeah - we still have the freezer full of ice cream!!

    Sprite - It worked better than I thought. Our floor is a little uneven anyway - hell - I'm uneven anyway...

    Quirks- I really should give my freak it's own name. Any ideas?

    Doug - I'm pretty sure that the toaster tried to make a hasty exit as well - we found it hanging off of the counter by its electrical cord...

    ReplyDelete
  7. the joys of owning your own home if it can happen it will. hope things work out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Well, I certainly hope you will NOT need new floors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know there was a floor sucker thing.
    If it sounds anything like my air conditioner before Honeyman fixed it this summer, I'd have a huge headache.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn.

    I let my freak loose all the time, and all I get is a visit from the town's finest. :(

    No body brings me exotic gifts like that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! That truly sucks! I'm so sorry...
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day!