Thursday, October 6, 2011

Making Lemonade out of Sour Grapes

What do you do with fire damaged items? You get creative.

I couldn't figure out what in the world to do with a melted tea service. Nobody would want to display it and it was beyond repair. Who uses a tea service anyway? They just sit around looking pretty and getting tarnished.

Voila!


A beautiful if not eclectic centerpiece composed of the melted silver-plate pieces and three mismatched single crystal candlesticks whose partners were also fire victims. You really can't notice the melted spouts and handles!

Her Royal Cuteness has banned me from lighting the candles. Instead I will add some battery operated votive candles to the mix.

Sense of humor intact and flowing with creative juices - What can I re-purpose next? The possibilities extend well into the boxes of half ruined items in the garage.

Anybody got any thoughts for re-purposing a Scooby Doo waffle iron???

7 comments:

  1. hmmm... ant farm?
    i like your repurposing of the tea service. whoa, i accidentally typed teat service the first time i wrote it. now that would be an interesting centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherilin - the teat service would've looked great if I had let my hubby keep the boob light fixtures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doesn't look like it was damaged at all! Nicely done.

    Scooby Doo waffle iron? Mmmmm, that's a tough one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so very creative!

    I hope your child is not forever scarred by the fire. Hopefully one day she will be able to light candles again. Although, if she doesn't I can't blame her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's very pretty!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great and that is a pretty darn good use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderfully creative use for it. Beats it sitting somewhere pre-melt just collecting dust and requiring polishing. Sorry about the fire. I can only imagine how scary that had to be for you.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day!