I love autumn.. It is partly because of the clothes. I am and have always been a blue jean and sweatshirt kind of girl.
Around here they have a saying that if you don't like the weather, stick around because it will be different tomorrow. Frankly, this is often rather true.
A few days ago I went to the park behind my neighborhood to take this picture for "Autumn." It was in the mid-80's and the sun was shining in a clear blue sky. We had a few days like this, just picture-perfect (ugh, you are welcome dufus).
Now, we haven't seen the sun in three days and we are about to be hit with a "Frankenstorm." Our temperatures have dropped so that the high is in the 50's and we might even get some wet snow. The biggest issue around here will be the wind and rain leading to power outages from downed trees.
I'm getting to wear my jeans and sweaters, but I may be wearing them in the dark soon.
You must live a bit south of us since we didn't get the benefits of Indian Summer after you and the midwesterners did. Broke my heart.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful, serene photo. I hope the meteorologists have overblown this thing but my guess is they haven't. That full moon is going to help wreak havoc on everyone's weather.
Yup! Virginia, and we always have the craziest weather. It makes it interesting at least!
DeleteGorgeous shot. I'm fine with autumn. It's what comes after that I have a problem with.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind winter because we generally don't have it too bad. It is the ice storms that do the most damage.
DeleteThat is such a beautiful picture! It looks so serene there!! Be safe with that storm coming!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks! It is a pretty little park. We are all ready for the storm, no problems!
DeleteWell, at least if you're wearing your jeans and sweatshirt in the dark, it will be perfect for Tuesday's prompt.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I'm thinking!If I don't post due to lack of internet, I can still take pictures!
Deletebeautiful place. we're waiting for sandy too. be safe.
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to have pretty public spaces! You be safe as well!
DeleteLooks like an oil painting - beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks! If anyone blows it up on the screen, they can see one lone guy sitting on a park bench in the clearing.
DeleteWe are also bracing for the storm... which currently is only predicted to give us 39MPH winds with gusts up to 60.
ReplyDeleteAnd I wasted all that energy pulling in my Halloween decorations, cleaning the gutters, and buying water. *sigh*
Stores have been running out of water. I haven't filled a tub yet, but also haven't decided against it.
DeleteWe have plenty of water, and we can flush without power, so we should be good. We are not due for a direct hit anyway. If you still have power, stop by, I posted some of our "Before the storm" Fall pics today.
DeleteStay safe, Juli!
DeleteJeans and sweater in nature is nice way to live in nomal days. Beautiful photo!
ReplyDeleteI love this photo. Just gorgeous. I am also partial to jeans and hoodies and I love this kind of weather.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and your family stay safe during "Frankenstorm." We are supposed to be getting slammed, hard, too.
Stay safe. I'll be fine if there's no lightning *shudder*!
DeleteI hope you are able to ride out this monster of a storm without any major disruptions, and I hope everyone remains safe.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It should be fine. Just gonna stay indoors. The wind is starting to pick up now.
DeleteKeep us posted. They're making it out to be the storm of the century.
DeleteWonderful photo. Autumn is good for that. I hope the storm isn't too bad. I know what you mean about the ice storms, though- they are the WORST. Thankfully, I have my generator.
ReplyDeleteI love a good snow storm, but other storms really are not enjoyable. We have a generator too, hopefully we won't need it!
DeleteSuch a beautiful photo, LM. I hope you'll be able to ride out the storm without any issues.. I'll turn off the lights and do my blogging in the dark and pretend we're having a storm, too. ;)
ReplyDeleteThen you should drink lots of "Hurricanes." that will help give you the real experience as you'll think your house is moving after you drink enough of them!
DeleteWe'll be fine. They have already canceled school for tomorrow. Happy kids!
Happy kids, drunken mother.
DeletePraying for a safe harbor during the upcoming storm. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteThanks. You too if you are near the bad weather!
DeleteOh, I'd love to spend some time in that photo. You know, when I'm not at the house drinking your liquor and playing pinball. I guess we could take the roadster there.
ReplyDeleteI figure the only reason you would travel near me is so that you can swing by Katherine's and grab Barbie and her Q. I'm not sure that I could welcome such a loose chick in my home with my impressionable children!
DeleteIs there a kid-free hotel nearby?
DeleteI'm sure You can find one near the airport that rents by the hour.
DeleteYup! Frankie Storm is gonna turn right at us, but the more predictions I see, the more it goes up a bit further from us. So for here, winds, water... nothing horrible unless trees go down. STAY SAFE.... I am crossing my fingers and toes for you - you are gonna get more than us! And stay warm!
ReplyDeleteWe are fine here, thanks Katherine. I'm not sure that north of us isn't going to see the worst. It seems to be stalling just east of the 95 corridor. Hope you keep your power! Stay safe!
DeleteGreat photo, and I love the murkiness of the water. We've had a crazy Indian Summer/global warming whatever you call it and we might even catch the edge of that storm when it swings inland. Be safe.
ReplyDeleteThe water there is really yucky most of the time. They take the kids from the area middle schools there to teach them to fish as part of PE class.
DeleteHopefully the storm won't get to you!!
Sublime. I could really do with taking a little rowing boat for a spin there.
ReplyDelete