What do you do when mother nature's wrath causes the power grid to go haywire?
You get out the glow sticks!
------------------------------------------------------------------
We happened to have been very lucky during the storm and have not lost power, so the glow sticks are not needed for the immediate future. We do have them on hand, however as tomorrow night is Halloween. For years we have handed them out with candy in order to help keep kids a little safer as they wander through the streets. I hope that you all have a happy and safe Halloween.
I have enjoyed this past 30 day challenge very much, mostly for all of you who have read and commented and put up with my snide remarks. That is the part of the challenge that tends to be the most fun. I always enjoy seeing the different ways that everyone interprets a one or two word prompt. It amazes me how creative you all are! I send out an electronic toast to all of my fellow crazy non-competition (that I totally won) participants - L'Chaim!
For all who are or have been in the path of Sandy, I am thinking of you.
I hope all are safe from the storm,
dry, with power and toasty warm!
How cute with the glow sticks and what a good idea to hand them out with Halloween candy!! Good job for getting through the challenge too; that can be hard to do with everything else going on in our lives!! Glad you/family weathered the storm with minimal effect!
ReplyDeletebetty
Glad that you were able to ride out the storm unscathed. Happy Halloween to you.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!!!Glad you made it through Sandy!
ReplyDeleteThank you so so much for participating again, LM! I've LOVED your photos and your snide remarks and all the creativity just flowing around. I'm very glad you're okay in the storm, and I only have one final comment... Johnny is totally ours!
ReplyDeleteglow sticks - great idea!
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna miss your pics and your snide remarks. Drop by any time.
ReplyDeleteLove the glow stick idea. And since we only get about three trick-or-treaters I could actually afford to do it!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea!!!! Very clever. And I so agree with your thoughts on this challenge. I will miss it.
ReplyDeleteSo when the power grid goes haywire you get SOSsed? Sounds like a plan.
ReplyDeletei'm glad you didn't get beaten up by sandy.
ReplyDeletedo you still get trick-or-treaters? i haven't seen any at our door in several years.
GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT! I wanna trick or treat at YOUR house!
ReplyDeleteHow very apropos. Well done!
ReplyDeleteOh, LaughingMom, how I will miss you in the coming days. But just days. I packed my bags last night, and I'll be there by the weekend. Glad to hear you have electricity because I plan to play a lot of pinball while I'm there, and I'll also need it to power the blender I use to crush the ice for my frozen margaritas.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you participated. As incapable as I am of making friends, I almost feel something for you.
So happy you made it through the storm ok. Love the glowsticks. So colourful
ReplyDeleteThose glow sticks are awesome. And hell yes you're lucky. I'm also lucky our house wasn't damaged. However, NJ is an absolute mess. Things are really bad. We have no power, no television, no radio, no internet, no landlines, no cell phone service, no texts, no emails, no form of communication whatsoever - nothing.
ReplyDelete{obviously I couldn't answer your email}
And the roads are awful. Trees & power lines are down, blocking streets, no traffic lights work...ect.
We probably won't have power for at least a week.
Thankfully, I was able to escape NJ [with my son] and and we made it to PA safely. We are at my brothers house where we have POWER and INTERNET and SHOWERS. Thank fuck.
What an inspired photo and I love that you give these out for the wee T or T folk.
ReplyDeleteHope all's well in your corner of the world.
Glow sticks! Why didn't I think of that? Perfect for the prompt.
ReplyDeleteyou were fortunate, just getting back online myself. we had power, just no internet/phone/cable. no biggie, i guess.
ReplyDeletegreat photo!