In fact, we do have a pond, but this isn't ours. We won't buy Koi as they are too pricey. We put goldfish that the hunting store sells as bait in our pond.
Love them! My mother has a frog pond that they stock with fish. Every year before it freezes she grabs a couple out and puts them in the fish tank in the house so she can see them through the winter.
Are you sure that it isn't a fish pond that she stocks with frogs? One year my daughter made us rescue all of the tadpoles from our little pond. We stocked every classroom in the elementary school.
Of course they did and they're not even playing koi.
ReplyDeleteOh, Noname will be SO jealous that you beat him to that!
DeleteThat was reely good, Cheryl.
DeleteYou have a koi pond - how cool is that!
ReplyDeleteIn fact, we do have a pond, but this isn't ours. We won't buy Koi as they are too pricey. We put goldfish that the hunting store sells as bait in our pond.
DeleteOOOH! Outside fish! Cool!
ReplyDeleteBring the wee ones over. I'm sure they would stay dry!
DeleteThese fish are beautiful! I understand they can grow very big.
ReplyDeleteThese were big, probably near a foot long. They are at an outdoor mall in a "fountain."
Deletevery colorful picture; neat looking fish! have a great day!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks! It was hard to get them to stay still like that!
DeleteOh, a very nice -- if obscure and somewhat dated -- Cleese reference! I bow to you. But which one is Wanda?
ReplyDeleteOops! I forgot about that movie! I was going for "Meaning of Life."
DeleteTotally got the reference! :-) Lovely fish.
ReplyDeleteSo now I have to ask which movie? Thanks, Michael. Probably everyone is gonna go for Wanda....
DeleteAhahhahah! YES!! I love that movie!!
ReplyDeleteBecause I love you so, I'm going to go with that you love "Meaning of Life." Right???
DeleteSo I guess John Cleese was a fish before he was Nearly-Headless Nick?
ReplyDeleteOh, Stephen...I hope you are joking!!!
DeleteThese koi aren't dead, they're merely sleeping. Oh, wait, that was a parrot.
ReplyDeleteBut They're not dead yet...
DeleteDammit, Mike already asked which one is called Wanda. Stole my comment, he did. The fool.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I don't suppose I could have one? My cats are hungry again.
The mall cops might get their panties in a wad if you pulled out a net or rod and reel. You may certainly give it a try if you come to visit!
DeleteBig goldfish like koi kinda creep me out....
ReplyDeleteDid you have a bad fish experience? Do you like to eat fish sticks?
DeleteLove them! My mother has a frog pond that they stock with fish. Every year before it freezes she grabs a couple out and puts them in the fish tank in the house so she can see them through the winter.
ReplyDeleteMy family is so weird...
Are you sure that it isn't a fish pond that she stocks with frogs?
DeleteOne year my daughter made us rescue all of the tadpoles from our little pond. We stocked every classroom in the elementary school.
Maybe they were asking for cheese?
ReplyDeletekoi?! goldfish. beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh, beautiful koi! We have them in my country, Japan. I like watching them, feeding them when I can. Nice photo!
ReplyDeleteAHHH HAAAA HAAAA I GET IT I GET IT I GET IT!
ReplyDeleteI'm late to the party and now all the Monty Python jokes have been taken.
ReplyDeleteOh I got one! Do you have a fish license for those?
I knew there was at least one more :)