Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mom Is All Tied Up Now

Mom would gladly be writing a very witty post to put on her blog today, but she is unable at this moment.

What?

That muffled noise you hear in the background? No, I don't think it sounds at all human.

Must be the television or something...

Anyway, I have taken over for Mom today. Frankly, it's a good thing because she was starting to get a little obsessed with the DMV. They really can't have a vendetta after her, as she is rather likable, at least when I need something warm near me.

You see, Mom was getting ready to pull up to the computer and write another blah post, when I decided that her lap was in imminent danger and that I needed to protect it from sliding up under the desk. There are several things under the desk that could have caused quite a problem:

1. Dust Bunnies - Can't be trusted. They are shape shifters, you see. I spy them and am certain that they are about to leave some bunny pellets - for which I'll get blamed. By the time that I get close to them, poof, they are gone and all that is left is a small tuft of fluff. Be on the lookout as they are often seen under the coffee table, too.

2. Trash Can - This is often the source of smells and sounds that drive one to the edge of insanity. I am not tall enough to actually see what is in the trashcan. Once I am safely in, I mean, once I am protecting Mom's lap, I can peer down into the abyss and see what threats await.

3. Shoes - Mom never has shoes on inside of the house. Her shoes are always under the table. That is due to the sneaky nature of her shoes. They don't call them "sneakers" for nothing! They have been places, I tell you! Evil places with weird smells. Sometimes I move the shoes around trying to identify where they have been partying, kind of an interrogation of sorts. In retaliation they jump out from hiding and trip somebody. You should hear the complaints about "shoes being left where somebody's gonna trip." Yeah, I know about you shoes...

Now that you are aware of the dangers to my Mom, you certainly can understand why I needed to prevent her from getting any closer to the computer. Here I am, in full alert mode, defcon-4, finger on the red button of doom:



It is tough to tell from the picture, but my pulse is racing as I fight off all of the evils in the room. You really didn't want to read more from Mom, did you?

She will be back soon and I'm sure that she'll have a tale or two to tell. Who can blame me for just wanting to protect her? After all, do I look like the guilty type?

19 comments:

  1. cute pooch. and saving you from sure & utter danger lurking around every desk & shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, yeah little one. You totally look like the guilty type. Sure hope Mom has her own trash can ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that doesn't look like a dust bunny. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OT - Just like children - cute so that we don't kill them or leave them unattended at the nearest fire station.

    Nom de Plume - Thanks for visiting. He is an awesome dog.

    Sherilin - You should see him protect the front door from grass blowing in the wind!

    Dawn - I'm glad that you are bright enough to see through the facade of cuteness!

    Copyboy - You're right - he's cuter than a dust bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so precious and a really good writer. Thanks for giving us the low-down.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last pic is DEFINITELY the beguiling smile of a dog who has just eaten your favorite shoes and is seriously considering pooping in your handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last pic is DEFINITELY the beguiling smile of a dog who has just eaten your favorite shoes and is seriously considering pooping in your handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn - You are my new favorite person, sorry mom.

    Hoo - The smile is the give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let your mother go you mongrel!...or is he purebred...whatev, nobody gets near Laughingmom's computer and gets away with it!
    ...teeeheee though at your muffled sounds in the backround. I can totally picture the muffled sounds...I should be able to picture those so clearly right, because that alludes to the fact that I've heard said muffled sounjds before, and I honestly have never tied anyone up. Never. Never I say!
    PS: the reason I can around and comment as much as i try is because my house is in utter chaos. I ignore my family. And sleep very little. There. I've told you my secret grasshopper, now don't repeat it or my husband will be tying me up to a chair.
    PPS: the sight of your comments on my blog always make me smile, and I'm all like, "Oh there's Laughingmom, I love her!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dog is so adorable I can't even handle the cuteness.

    "Dust Bunnies - Can't be trusted"

    Ahahhahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandra - He's a talented dog, but can't tie much of a knot without opposable thumbs and all. Are you trying to get me to tell Wayne about your wayward ways so that he WILL tie you up? I'm SO confused...And I adore all of your comments, your blog is a delight to read and has me laughing all of the time!

    Meleah - He's cute til he barfs on the carpet or poops in my bathroom (at least he gets the proper use of the bathroom...). Every weekend I scan the adds in the paper for Maltese puppies and let him know the going price if I should feel like replacing him. It keeps him guessing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe!!

    I miss my dog so so so so much


    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was pretty scared until I saw the little smile on your face in the last photo! That's when I decided you were just joking with us. If not, a little creative gnawing on the power cord, will take care of the compute problem!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have truly taught me why sneakers should never be trusted! They are the surly sneaky sort aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  15. PBJ - Amy, I would gladly send him to you on some days, but most of the time he;s a lot of fun!

    Pat- Damn that smile!

    Greg - Almost as bad as those mindless flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you're that cute, you can get away with anything. I want to kiss that little button nose!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jayne - he rules the roost most days!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day!