Thursday, June 7, 2012

30 Days of Writing - Excess

I ate a fiber bar early today
it's supposed to keep my bowels in play
what the label didn't tell me
was that the gas would overwhelm me

It's given me pain within my tummy
and the excess gas sure isn't funny
I feel like a balloon about to pop
oh please dear lord just make it stop

I'm walking slowly towards the can
hoping that there is a fan
with each step I clench my buns
surely that will stop the runs

But with each time I move my foot
my butt gives out a little "pfft"
I've got the "walking farts" for sure
and for that there is one cure

Tears fill my eyes and blur my vision
but I'm a person on a mission
I burst right through the bathroom door
and avert my eyes down to the floor

I hurry to the stall to sit
and let the gas out for a bit
the sound echoes across the room
I hope I alone share in this gloom

Then a snicker fills the air
someone is laughing and they don't care
my gaseous explosion is fair game
I hope they do not know my name

Holding head high I leave the stall
I'm not embarrassed, not at all
until I leave the room and see
the entire department staring at me

For in my hurry to air it out
I made a mistake there is no doubt
I've just left the men's room for all to see
when the lady's room is where I should be.


----------------------------------------------
This 30 Days of Writing Challenge is brought to you courtesy of Nicky and Mike. They managed to convince a bunch of us to play along. If you want to read more cheesy posts, check out the ramblings of the crazy gang listed on the Linky thing at the latest post at We Work for Cheese.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful poetry about farts -- the world does not have enough of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew farts could be so poetic well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesson Learned: Never open a door with your head down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, and a couple lessons learned. 1-don't eat fiber bars, and 2-pay attention to where you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is rather marvelous! I don't know what else to say! You've left me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When in doubt, utilize poetry to let it out.

    I'm stealing the poetry format for one of my day's challenges.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I firmly enjoyed reading this. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poem just killed me. Farts always make me laugh because I'm still a ten-year-old at heart. And the walking toots are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better than Shakespeare! And far more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific piece of poopy poetry. You win today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, ha, ha! I knew there was a reason I love you! You are too funny! I hope this isn't a true story, but I fear it may be. Hope your innards have settled a bit by now. If you let me come sit on your porch and listen to The Avett Brothers, you can pass the gas as much as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If to your butt you held a match,
    The blue flame club membership you would snatch!

    You are a Genius. A writing Goddess. A GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the funniest poem - EVER! holy brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Funny, I wrote about my excessive farts too. In fact, this is the third entry I have read so far about farts. This seems to be a pandemic!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day!